Thursday, June 19, 2008

A card of errors

I will be back this afternoon with a winner of yesterday's card, so you have until noon to leave a comment on yesterday's "Whee!" post to be elegible!

First, I have today's card. I wanted to make a thank you card and had this one in mind, but nothing went right! First off when I added flocking to the bear, it made the eyes not show up very well so I drew more eyes, a nose, and added a mouth with a black pen. Then when I went to add the wording, the printer roller smudged the lines I drew AND the paper went in crooked so my saying was at an angle rather than straight like I had in mind. I really didn't want to re-do the whole thing, and the angle didn't look so bad so I decided I could live with the smudged eyes and I added more bees above the saying to make it look more balanced. Then when I went to punch holes for the brads, I used the wrong punch on my first corner and had to glue the brad on and I got a little glue on the corner of the card. Then I smeared the stickles on the bees wings when I was putting the dimensionals on the back! Oh well, even with all of that I think the card turned out pretty cute! The bear image is from Penny Black and the little bees are from Embossing Arts.

4 comments:

gemr said...

very cute, Holly!

Ches said...

I like the softer coloring on this one a lot. It goes with the stamp style.

Ches said...

It just came to me, the text should have said, "Thanks for bee-ing such a honey!" Then you'd have TWO terrible puns in one card! lol...

Kat said...

Yup, your card turned out "beary" cute, Holly! ;-) I am glad you did not toss it 'cuz, IMO, that would have been a waste.