Friday, June 27, 2008

Faithful Bird

The Ways To Use It Challenge at SCS yesterday was to use birds! It just so happened that I recently asked my oldest daughter Ashley who lives in Tennessee to pick up a Quickie Glue Pen for me the next time she was near a stamp store in her area. She has a wonderful stamp store there! Anyway, she did get me the glue pen, but while she was there she saw a stamp that she thought I would like and she bought it for me! (Thanks Ashley!) It's a darling Magenta stamp and it has a bird on it. I colored the image with copics and mounted it on a scalloped square that I cut with the nestabilites. I colored the scalloped portion of the square with the same color marker as the bird. I found what I think is a lovely quote and printed it out and cut that out with a nestability die also. Some background paper, a teal ribbon tied in a bow and voila! I really like this card despite the fact that you can see the place where my teal copic leaked when I was coloring the bird, and the little black spot in front of the bird where I put too much pressure on the stamp.



Would you have noticed if I didn't tell you? I have more plans for this stamp, so I hope you like it too because you will be seeing more of it in the next few days. In case you have trouble reading the quotation, it says "Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark" It was printed in Anime font.

Be sure to come back tomorrow. I have another of Chesney's drawings I colored to share! As always, thanks for looking!

3 comments:

JAR said...

How cute! I love your bird image and your colors you chose!

Kat said...

No, Holly, I would not have noticed the copic drip if you had not mentioned it. Matter of fact, sweetie, I still cannot tell where it dripped! LOL
I just love how you used a rather simplistic image and 'brought it to life'. Such a sweet card -- and I love the quote!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable stamp and so beautifully coloured! Love your card!