Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In The Jungle

This isn't a normal card for me. I usually do quirky, funny, cute stuff; although this monkey is pretty cute! There's someone I know who is going through a rough time right now and I wanted to cheer her up a bit, so I made this card. The inside reads "Hang In There".


Image is from Diamonds Rubber Stamps. I have a hard time using decorative papers on my cards, and this one I'm still not sure about. It looks "jungle like" to me, but it's more giraffe like than monkey like. What do you think? I colored with copic markers and chalked the background. I have a birthday coming up next month and I plan on asking for one of the copic air gun things so I can try that instead of always using chalks! Thanks for looking!







4 comments:

Ches said...

lol, I still chuckle out loud seeing his ankle!

Diane said...

I love this image and you did a great job with the coloring! the designer paper is great too -- it's a nice accentwithout being distracting! Love it!

Robin said...

He's so cute hanging there Holly. Love the colors and the background paper is a perfect touch.
~rst~ Friend,
Robin

Wanda H said...

Holly, it looks great!!! I also have a hard time using printed paper but have acquired so much that lately I'm making myself use some.... it's actually been fun.. oh-no, lol.