Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Motherlode

I don't know how many of you know this, but when holidays are over and Hallmark, American Greetings, and other greeting card companies send people in to clear out the cards, they throw the envelopes away!

I've had people tell me this before and I've always looked for someone in the card aisle doing just this so I could ask. About two months ago I saw a lady at Walgreens and asked her. She told me she had already thrown the envelopes away that day. I gave her my name and phone number and asked her to please call me next time. Well, the other day my phone rang and she had three boxes full of envelopes for me to come pick up! This was so much fun! I have envelopes of all sizes and colors. Some are decorated, some are plain, but they were all free! It's been fun going to pick out different envelopes to match with cards. Plus, it's a great way to re-cycle!

So, how many of you noticed my new photo? That is courtesy of my daughter. She came over last night and we had a mini glamour shots session! I hate having my picture taken, so you'll probably get used to seeing this picture because it will be there for a long time! LOL! Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to come back tomorrow because I have something special planned! :P

1 comment:

stflossie said...

Love the new picture, Holly.
I used to get envelopes from the Hallmark lady, then she said they weren't allowed to do that anymore. That's at the grocery store. Maybe I should try to hit some drug stores the day after a holiday...