Monday, June 30, 2008

Precious Sketch

This is the card I made for Lauren Meader's Saturday Sketch
I picked my image, a Precious Moments image from Stampendous. Then I tried Lauren's process by choosing patterned paper and taking my colors from that. The hard part for me was picking the paper! I originally didn't have the yellow striped layer in the back, and the white with pink square was actually white with green. My daughter said she preferred the pink on white to the green on white, so I went back to that. And she is also the one who suggested the yellow striped piece. I NEVER would have thought that would work!



















I put little flower buttons that I tried to color darker with my copics, and adhered them to the second patterned piece which is some of my new DCWV pattern pack. I added a bow at the top. I am slowly getting better at tying bows, but it takes me forever and I am so clumsy at it!
Overall I like this card a lot. And now it's got me into my other Precious Moments images!
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Holly, I love absolutely *everything* about this card! I can't believe those 'pink flowers' are buttons - wow! I thought they were fancy brads. The glitter, of course, always seems to add just the 'purrfect' touch. I too am not good at tying bows, so I don't even try. ha! BTW, did you use copic markers on this card? LOL (teasing!)

Kat said...

P.S. I forgot to mention - love the yellow striped paper too! :-)

Diane said...

Sweet card -- and your bow is perfect! great job!