Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summertime

Well, it is definitely summer time here! Temperatures and humidity are high. I love this image my daughter drew, and I thought maybe I would feel cooler while coloring it. It's a very relaxing picture, and I enjoyed coloring it but I'm not sure I did it justice. I think others could do more with it than I have, but I still like it. What do you think?



The words in case you can't read them, say "Summertime and the living is easy". The font (Carpenter) is one I really like a lot, but sometimes it can be hard to read unless you print really big. It reminds me of the Wonderful Words from Stampin Up! I thought the font went well with the theme of the card though; relaxed and easy.
I colored with copics (are you rolling your eyes?) and chalked the sky using my torn paper for clouds. I added a little pink and yellow to the sky too. The main card base was speckled with a brown blow pen. Hope you enjoyed it, and thanks for looking!

2 comments:

msfreida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
msfreida said...

Another eye-catcher! The words are perfect for the image (where's my stamp,BTW)!? You did an awesome job with the coloring.I never would have thought to use torn paper when chalking clouds...very clever! You and Chesney make a great team!