Saturday, June 21, 2008

Top Dog

I always love to try to do Lauren Meador's Saturday Sketch and this card is for her sketch today. This stamp is a rubber stamp made from a photo of my dog, and it looks just like her! She was one of the winners in a pet star search Rubber Hedgehog had and I received this stamp made from her photo as a prize! If you've never been to their site, I highly recommend you do so. They have lots of realistic animal stamps, and their artist is unbelievable.
Anyway, for my card I stamped the image in black and embossed with clear embossing powder. I colored her with copics and then cut her out with a rectangle nestability. I left it in the die and rubbed some chalk around it. Then I cut out a scalloped die and mounted the image on that. The paw prints were stamped in black on a buff colored vellum and embossed with clear embossing powder. The paper with the "woof woof" on it is some scrapbook paper I had. I stamped and embossed the dog bones on some tan cardstock and cut them out and mounted them with some dimensionals and mounted the dog image and the words with dimensionals as well.



The dog bones are from All Night Media and the paw prints are from Stamp Craft. Here's the picture the stamp was made from so you can see how great the artist is.

Thanks for stopping!

5 comments:

Casi said...

I´m absolutely fascinated by this stamp. And the card you made is really great!

Dawn Marie said...

I love your card! I always feel like I am not sticking to the sketch and then I look at others and think ---O I could have done more!LOL TFS your beatiful creation! Love your blog and I have added it to my list of blogs to visit!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I LOVE it. how super cool you had a stamp made from a photo of your dog! OMG! That is insane. Great jhob on the sketh too. Got your card today :D Thank you!!!!!!!

Diane said...

OMG -- how cool is it to have a rubber stamp made from a photo of your pet? That is awesome -- as is your card!

Ruth said...

o my word--what a cute dog-- I love the stamped image --it works really well on this card