Sunday, June 29, 2008

Triple Challenge

Well I told you I hope you liked the Magenta bird stamp my daughter bought me, because I'm using it again. This card combines three challenges in one; Wednesday's card sketch, Thursdays Way To Use It challenge, and Friday's Limited Supplies Challenge. I may have cheated a bit on the limited supplies challenge because I did use some stickles on my card. I paper pieced the bird, the heart on his body (which I guess is his wing), and the flowers. The paper on the flowers and heart go with the paper squares on the background, and they are all from a sample sheet of the papers at Papertrey Ink. I love that Nichole lets us print out a sample to try before you buy! If anyone in my family is reading this blog and you are wondering what to get me for my birthday, some of Papertrey Ink's cardstock and papers are at the top of my wish list!






















I used yellow brads in the center of the flowers. Not a very inventive way to use the brads I know, but it's all I could come up with at the moment. I used black as the back because it really makes the individual squares pop.
I love the brightness of this card! Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love it! That is a fab stamp, look forward to seeing lots of it! The stickles work for me, and so does the entire triple challenge card!

Penny said...

Hi Holly, thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog :) I LOVE this card, so funky, that bird is fab!

Ila said...

This card is So Beautiful!! I love the colors, and that Fabulous stamp!!