Thursday, June 26, 2008

Want Fries With That Shake?

LOL! How many of you have seen that new Sonic commercial? Well when I saw this image that my daughter drew that commercial flew to my mind. I love this image! I don't think I've seen one like this anywhere. I thought it would be a cute one to use if you were giving someone a gift certificate to a restaurant or something. It sure was fun to color too. Also, I added a new label to my blog that says "Chesney's images" Chesney is the daughter who is doing the drawings that I've been using. So, if you are ever just wanting to see cards with her images, you can just click on that label! Now, on to today's card.


Don't you love it?!
As usual I used copic markers and chalk for the background. I used my computer to print out the saying (girls are weird font) and then cut it out with my nestaibilites and also embossed it. Used the chalk to add a little color to it before taking it out of the die too. Originally I had planned to have the uniform white and apron red, but when I went to add a little gray to shade the white it was too much, so it became a gray uniform! LOL! I'm also not sure about the bow. What do you think?

9 comments:

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I love it! Even the bow. It matches the background paper, and the straws. It reminds me of those striped straws they used to (still?) have at McDonalds. :) Your daughter is very talented... have you had an leads with stamp companies yet?

Kat said...

Oh Holly, I think the bow just "girlies" it up. LOL You & your dd make a great team of artists!

Julie said...

Besides your daughter's drawing that are AWESOME, your coloring is FANTABULOUS as well! Great blog, I'll add you to my blog roll :)

gemr said...

Great card, Holly! Love those eyes. :)

Dawn Marie said...

I LOVE IT!!!Your daughter is AWESOME!!!And your coloring is beautiful!!!TFS

weatkins said...

Holly, I'm enjoying your blog and am impressed with Chesney's drawings. You guys are too talented! Btw, where are your curls?

Tess said...

This is so pretty. I love the stamp image. You did an amazing job.

msfreida said...

TOO CUTE! Love the personality this card projects. The bow completes it. Chesney and Mom ROCK!

Freida

Tracey said...

Love this card!!