Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Whee!

This was a fun card! It reminds me of me and two of my good friends. I won't tell you which one I am! LOL! The image is from Diamonds Rubber Stamps. I colored with copics and chalked the background. Getting tired of hearing that? I used a piece of torn paper to make cloud like shapes in the sky. The wording is printed from a computer. I thought it would be a funny card for someone who just turned 50. The top of the roller coaster could be the hill they just went over! LOL!



Right after I finished making it I had an idea, and I debated doing it but I tried it, and it made me laugh so I did it. Here's the revised version:



Come on, that's funny! LOL!
Well I mentioned something special I had planned for today and I decided every other Wednesday I will pick a number from the comments left and send that person that day's card! Doesn't that sound like fun? Now, go leave me a comment!



18 comments:

JAR said...

hahaha!! Those eyes make me laugh too!! That is such a cute image and your coloring is awesome!

Ches said...

lol, I do like the "revised" version. Good idea to get comments, sending people the card.

Nicole said...

LOL! What an adorable card!
You did an AWESOME job coloring!
Off to look up Diamonds Rubber Stamps.
:D

Christina said...

LOL! Love the 2nd version! That's what I look like on a roller coaster, anyway!

Anonymous said...

That card is more than fun....It is a HOOOOT! Love the google eyes...it was an amazing touch!

So excited to see you blogging!!

Thanks for sharing!

StayC

Nelda Deakins said...

Love that comical card - could easily be my 2 cousins and myself! Would love to be chosen to receive it. Thanks for sharing!
Nelda Deakins
nelda mc765 @ charter .net

Wanda H said...

LOLOL that is funny and the eyes are perfect.

Teolinda said...

Cute card Holly!!! :)

Kimberly

yama said...

Love it Holly,,,

she looks like me when I get on a coaster....

Jamie said...

Love the card, Holly...too funny! But I LOVE your new profile pic even more!

CeeCee said...

Holly!
So cute! I see your daughter is following in your artistic footsteps too. Tell me though...when you were glueing the googlies on the middle were you saying to yourself "I only have eyes for you!" ?? LOL

stflossie said...

You're the one with the googly eyes, of course. Funny card, Holly.
Flossie

Robin said...

It made me howl...And got to remember to hang on to my choppers this summer while on coaster...lol
Love what you are doing with the copics.
Robin

Anonymous said...

Love your cards and images. Ofcoure now I NEED the images and markers.
Fantastic work.
Lisa
lnlwhitt@aol.com

StampingJoan said...

the one with the booglie eyes....that's me! I LOVE roller coasters!!!!!

And I love your blog! Glad you joined the blogging world and so glad to put your face with your name girl!!!!

Joan

Stampo said...

Great card... I'm past the age I'd ever get on a rollercoaster again!

Ches said...

Look at those comments fly! Nothing like a little reward to tempt the lurkers into expressing themselves.

Dawn Marie said...

I LOVE this card and how you gave her googilie eyes! I love the image, who makes it?
TFS