Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another Zindorf Inspiration

When I saw this card that Michelle Zindorf made for the color challenge on SCS I knew I wanted to try it. The first one I made turned out so pretty until I stamped the trees. I used a different tree image and my trees stamped over my sun and it messed the whole thing up.



My second attempt I did the trees right, but the sky just didn't turn out as good as the first one, and the hill is a little wonky.




Third time's charm right? Well, I'm not so sure. I decided to use the same tree stamps from Stampin Up that Michelle used, and I didn't have the same sun. I still don't think I've done the sky as well as I did on my first one I messed up, but three tries is enough for me, so here is the final version.



I got a little too much green on the one tree on the right, but otherwise it turned out okay. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Pam said...

They say the third time's the charm :~) I like diferent things in each card...I like the sky in the first card...the coloring of the hill in the second and you're right....the trees and sun are in the right places in the third.

Thanks for taking time out of every one of your days to share something with us!

Pam in Ar.

weatkins said...

I know why the first two didn't work as well-- you were trying to deny it's summertime by having trees without leaves! But summer it is and when you finally faced it and put leaves on the trees, the card worked! I like the card a lot. And happy, happy birthday today!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

FAbulous job with Michelle's technique! You are very persistent...I love the third...the sky is beautiful!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I like the first and third one. Who cares of the sun is behind the tree a little?! Awesome coloring too!

FYI... I do have that sun stamp that she used on her card. LMK if you want some images!