Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Balloon Girl

Today's card uses an image by Victorine Originals and I combined it with the balloon from Stampin Up's Eat Cake set. I stamped and embossed the girl on very vanilla cardstock and used my copics to color her. The copics do not do well on this cardstock for some reason. The colored very grainy looking. I had a hard time not adding pigtails to her!



The balloon was stamped with Lovely Lilac ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I cut it out and mounted it with dimensionals after adding some cord for the tie. The string was pierced through the cardstock and back out so it looks like she's holding it. The pale lavender layer is embossed with my swiss dots embossing folder and I added a faux bow in the corner that I love how it turned out! You wrap the ribbon around the corner and tape to the back, and then you make a circle with some ribbon and place it over your wrapped ribbon and tie them together with some cord. As always the sky is chalked! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Kat said...

I think you ought to do another of these - and DO give her pigtails!

Diane said...

Cute! I really love the ribbon accent in the corner!