Monday, July 7, 2008

Birthday Sarcasm

I've already mentioned that I make a lot of birthday cards. I love funny and slightly sarcastic cards too, and I love combining both!
This card is a birthday card, but the sarcasm is on the inside where it says "I had to have something nice to wear in case you have a party! Happy Birthday!"
I used an image Chesney drew. I colored her with copics and tried a few new techniques I've learned from I Like Markers website. I added texture to her vest by dotting all over after coloring with my colorless blender. The skirt I colored with straight vertical lines and left the streaks so it would look textured as well. So what do you think? How'd I do?



I used some DCWV paper on my background and tied a ribbon around the whole card. I colored a brad with my copic marker and cut off the prongs and placed it over the ribbon tie. The background the image is chalked as are her cheeks. I have a hard time making blush look good with a marker! The saying on the front was cut with an oval nestability and embossed while still in the die. I popped it up on dimensionals. The font I used on this and on the inside is Kayleigh. Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Chesney ROCKS!!!! Love the girl...and the coloring is great.
We really need a site that sells stamps with off the wall sayings...I just love them.
Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job :~)

Pam

Kat said...

As usual, you did GREAT, Holly.
I love your ideas for adding the texture look on her vest & skirt.
And you "do chalks" wonderfully well.
BTW, the link does not work for "I Love Markers".

Kat said...

Uh, I meant the link for "I Like Markers" does not work. LOL

Christina said...

I LOVE your coloring, Holly! And Chesney is an amazing artist! Thanks for sharing!

Diane said...

Awesome! The art is amazing and the sentiment is perfect!

msfreida said...

Oh this chick needs to be a stamp! She could pass as my daughter's twin! I'm with Pam on having a site where we could get stamps with off the wall sayings. This card TOTALLY ROCKS, GF! GO GIRL!

Freida

Anonymous said...

I love It!!!!!!! Where can I find this image? Is it a rubber stamp? I have to have it! LOL!