Sunday, July 20, 2008

Boob Book revisited

Now that I have this blog, I've decided to let my picturetail account go. That said, there are still some things there that I don't want to lose so I'm moving some of them over here to share. I think they will be new to a lot of you, and hopefully if you've seen them before you liked them enough to see again. :)
The thing I'm sharing with you today is what I refer to as "The Boob Book". It came about when my best friend's daughter was going to have breast reduction surgery. When my friend told me about it the first words out of my mouth were "I'm elated for her!" then I joked and said "I'm elated she'll be deflated!" That brought on a flurry of thoughts and I decided to make her book.



The box is a round paper mache box I painted with a flesh paint. The top is half of a clear acrylic Christmas ornament. I left it clear except for the middle which I painted from the inside with a darker pink paint on a circle of sponge. On the top of that is a pencil eraser. When the top is pulled off an accordian of text comes out.





The whole thing is a bunch of rhyming text rhyming every word for breast I could think of and then some. I've had so many people ask me for the whole text that I decided to add it here. I warn you though, I got really corny with it!
For Amber, In memory of those E's may they rest in peace. and honoring your brand new size trust me girl, I sympathize. and you know, there's nothing you lack you've just got less of a RACK! There you go making molehills out of mountains. Now you'll really feel all those hugs because they won't be blocked by your huge JUGS! and that shirt you liked that didn't fit? will now cause you've got smaller TITS! In this day and age you need to know The Official Standard of International Breast Symbols for E-Mail purposes. (o)(o) perfect breasts (+)(+) fake silicone breasts (*)(*) high nipple breasts (@)(@) big nipple breasts etc...(these are all there and we've all seen them, so I'm not putting them all here). Maybe now your back can get a rest since it doesn't have to carry around your big BREASTS! What did one saggy boob say to the other saggy boob? If we don't get us some support people will think we're nuts! Now that you've got smaller TOOTERS you'll never get to work at HOOTERS, no, I guess with your small BOOBIES You'll have to stay at RUBY'S! (she actually did work at a Ruby's restaurant at the time) hey I just realized you can see your feet isn't that neat?! You see that guy there? The one in the dockers? well he's looking at your face instead of your KNOCKERS! yes, I'd have to say I'm elated you're deflated! okay, that's it. I quit. I can't think of another word to rhyme with TIT! But now that you've read this and I've heard your oohs and ahs. I do have one question for you can I have all your old bras?
LOL! Then I went to the computer and printed out a bunch of boob words in word art and printed out two whole sheets of paper and used it to wrap her present.



I had a blast making it, and I think she enjoyed it. I know that everyone she showed it to has enjoyed it, and I hope you did too! Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Dude. You ain't right. LOL. I knew I liked you! ;)

Cute booby book!

Anonymous said...

This is hysterical. Wish I had this for Angie when she had her surgery.

Pam in Ar. said...

I need this for my sister!!! Loved the booby rhymes!

Pam

Cindy Cade said...

Your cup runneth over with cleverness. giggle
So, now it is time to take a breast from your work...umm make that rest.
Too fun Holly! :-0

bumblebee creations said...

O MY GOODNESS!!! You really are too much!!!! Very scary how clever you are!!!! Again, I must say total RIOT!!!

Maria Matter said...

lol, you ARE one talented lady! lol too funny!!!!

Thanks for a fun night!!!
Blessings, Maria

TeresaW said...

This is the neatest thing I have ever seen! I think it would go down great for Breast Cancer week! You are so funny, that would give a lift to anyone!!

Michelle said...

LOL, Wow, this is amazing, fantastic!!

Thank you so much for linking this creative master piece to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Michelle said...

Hi Holly

I'm just popping back to let you know that you were chosen as the Make It Monday featured blogger this week with this awesome entry.

Michelle :-)

House Revivals said...

Oh, that was too funny! And so sweet of you to support your friend -- Like a good bra :)
~Amanda