Thursday, July 3, 2008

Borrowed Sympathy

hey, notice the new Subscribe button on the left side? Someone mentioned yesterday that I should have one, and I did have one waaay down at the bottom, but I found a way to get one up here where it's easier to see! So go subscribe!

I saw a beautiful sympathy card by Nancy Riley and then borrowed a friend's set (thanks Sherry!) so that I could CASE Nancy's card. I am really pleased with how this turned out. I used chalk inks for stamping the flowers. The background paper is embossed with my new cuttlebug bird swirl embossing folder and then I rubbed some white craft ink over it and then brushed on some pearl ex. I'm not sure if you can see the glimmer from the pearl ex, but it's beautiful in real life. The side is punched and embossed with my brand new fiskar border punch. I love that! The stamp set is Close As A Memory by Stampin Up!

Notice the little pin I stuck through the ribbon? Isn't that just the sweetest touch? I love it!
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is beautiful! I love the shimmery look on the blue paper, and you're right - the pin is just the right touch! Now, here's hoping you won't need to send it to anyone any time soon, right?!

Pam said...

Love the card Holly....I've been seeing the delicate looking punch that you've used on the side of the card. Where can I find it? I just love the look it gives.
Very pretty!

Pam in Ar.

Diane said...

This is really gorgeous, Holly! I love all the little details -- the decorative edge, the dry embossing and the pin. Beautiful!