Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Day

I think any day spent at the park with our dog is a good one, so this card reflects a happy day spent with your pet. Speaking of going to the park, let me tell you about something cool that happened the other day when we went. We were driving to a place to look at the river and we saw this deer standing in a small grassy area. As we got closer to it, we saw that there was a rabbit in front of the deer and then out of some trees comes this raccoon. It was so cool seeing all three of these animals at once. The raccoon came running to our truck and I thought it looked like he was expecting something, so I gave him a dog treat we had in the truck with us. He snatched it right up! The entire time the deer and the rabbit stayed there like they weren't in the least afraid of us. We drove on past, turned around in the little turn around area and they were all gone when we came back by. Okay, on with today's card! The image is from Maryese Carrier. The grass sprigs are from DRS designs, and I don't know who makes the "Happy Day" stamp. I stamped the main image in black and colored with copics. The sky is chalked and I doodled a double line frame around it.



The happy day is cut out with a scalloped sqaure nestability die and then sponged around the edges with Lovely Lilac. The very vanilla layer is embossed with my swiss dots embossing folder. A lavender ribbon is wrapped around the vanilla layer and tied and then a small prima flower is stuck on the bow's center. Remember this card where I resisted giving the girl pigtails? Well, this image does not have a nose or a mouth, so I added those! LOL! I can't control all of my impulses! Well, thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I love your wildlife story.
And I am glad you added the girl's nose & mouth; I know that is a great improvement on that image. :-)