Monday, July 14, 2008

Looking For Rainbows

Todays technique lovers challenge on SCS is to do a grid card. I didn't do a diamond or square grid, but just diagonal scores because it seemed to go with the rainfall better. I pierced the side above the words and used a blo pen to add speckles all over the background. I think the image is cute, but overall I don't really like this card. I don't know if it's the color or the lay out or what, but it's not a favorite for sure!



The font is Juice. Sorry, but I don't know who makes the image. It was one I received in a swap. Tell me what you would have done differently or if you would have scrapped it all together. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is too cute. Love the paper piercing!

I got your card today - thanks so much! No images though? What happened?

Christina said...

I think it's adorable! I love how you pierced one side and scored diagonally on the other side! Very nice!

Kat said...

I love this card, Holly. I love the bright colors, and the scoring & piercing & glitter.
You asked what 'I' would do differently. Purrhaps placed the white cardstock on a layer of black (very thin margin around edges) before placing it on the blue. Also, I definitely would round the corners of the white cs. Just my thoughts 'cuz you asked. LOL

Kristine said...

OH MY GOODNESS...you are too hard on yourself. THis is GENIOUS!! Love the diagonal lines and speckles and those HOLES--*gasp* NEVER SEEN THAT done that way--looks like rain coming down. How CLEVER R U???!!!! This is so fabulous you don't even realize. It looks very crisp and clean, not over-done, but yet you added those background elements and that adds a nice *surprise* to the card. Definately CUTE...Definately a WINNER! You should enter that in a contest somewhere--really! :)