Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ribbon Challenge

Here's a card I made for Splitcoast Stampers Dirty Girls Challenge. This one is TexasJodylynn's challenge which was to design a card around the ribbon you choose to use. I picked out this hot pink and black ribbon (it is hot pink, but the camera didn't show that color well for some reason).



The little black flowers are punched out and glued on to pink diamonds. I have hot pink glitter in the center of those. The flower was colored with a blending pen and ink from an ink pad. The center of that flower is black chunky glitter. It took a lot longer to make this than I thought it would. I had the whole idea in my mind, but just kept running into problems trying to make it look it right. In the end I'm happy with it! The flower is from Stampin Up's In Full Boom set, and the Thank You is from their Wonderful Words set. I've done a lot of the challenges, so I have lots more to show you but I'm going to spread them out. Don't forget that tomorrow is card giveaway day! If you have a blog, please let your readers know. Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Ok, you need to slow down. You've made three posts since the last time I checked my reader! :)

That flower set is one of my favorites ever from SU. Great card - I especially like the color combo. I just bought some DP in that combo too!

babs with 8 said...

Wow, this is so cute. I came by SCS but I am not under you so you should still get at least one more visitor. I love you blog!

Tracy said...

Great card! The colors are so pretty!

Amanda Sewell said...

What a fun funky card! Nice work!!! Jody's challenge was fun, wasn't it???

Kristin said...

I love the colors, especially the ribbon! Great job.

Jen said...

Great color combo and I LOVE that ribbon!

CathyRose said...

This card is so pretty. I love pink and black together!

Ila said...

This card is Gorgeous!!! I love the colors!!..Ila

Mybiz said...

Very Nice!
love it