Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Spoiled

Today I've got a special surprise! The card I made is using an image Chesney drew, BUT this image is a stamp being released this week by DRS designs! Isn't that exciting? I'll tell you what I did, but first here's the card.



Isn't it cute? I stamped the whole image on an ivory cardstock and then stamped the cat portion again on white cardstock. I wanted the cat to look really white. I cut the white cat out completely and added shadows with a pale blue copic. I colored her ears, eyes, and nose and added stickles to her collar. Then I colored the other image completely except for the cat. I drew a line where I wanted the floor to meet the wall and chalked the floor. Decorative paper was used for the "wallpaper". I printed out the saying using amienne and scriptina fonts and hung it on the wall with gold brads. I had to cut around chaise lounge so the wallpaper could be put in and then the white cat was glued over the image.
Turned out cute didn't it?
Want a chance to win some blog candy? High Hopes is releasing some new stamps and you can enter to win a set! Head over to this blog and check it out! Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Pam said...

OMGOSH HOLLY......did we hear you correctly??? Chesney has published a stamp?? How great for her and for you too! I know your chest has to be ready to explode with pride.
Love that sassy cat! Your coloring is super, I have copics but am not that great with them yet...would love to find a place around here to get certified.

I clicked on the site for the stamp to be released but it wouldn't work, any chance that can be fixed??

Pam

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

GET OUT!! How exciting for you both! I love your sassy little kitty!

Ila said...

Love this card!! the cat and sentiment are Totally Fabulous!!
I've enjoyed browsing through your blog..and seeing your Beautiful work. Thank you so much for sharing the news about my blog candy...Good Luck!!

Kat said...

DIVA KITTY!! Holly, no matter how great Chesney's images are (and they certainly *are* terrific!), you have such expertise at bringing them to life. I love the way 'Spoiled' is written (& large!) in that font. The entire card is, of course, superbly purrrfect! =^..^= BIG CONGRATS TO CHESNEY!!