Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sugar & Spice

Okay, I like cute but even I will admit that this card is almost too sweet. I wanted to use my long rectangle nestabilites and found that I really don't have many long images! This one filled the bill though.


I stamped in black and colored with copics and cut and embossed it with one size, then I did two more sizes up with the last one being scalloped. I embossed the lower portion of the base card and added some decorative paper to the top portion. I used a couple of flowers from Michaels wedding department and colored four petals from one flower green for leaves and the other flower was colored blue. Yellow stickles in the center. I think it's a really cute card. I like the half embossed look and will do that again.
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Diane said...

So Cute, Holly! I just love your cards because (unlike mine) they're so detailed. I love the way you combined the scalloped mat with the dry embossed strip and the designer paper and the flowers. All that on top of your amazing coloring! Great job!

Tracy said...

What gorgeous coloring! This is an adorable card!

Maren said...

Gorgeous!! Great coloring!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hi Holly
I accidentally came across your blog, and so glad that I did. Its lovely, I adore this card, and so many of the others. They are very nice! Will be returning. Linda x

Kristine said...

Oh, I SOOO LOVE "CUTE" and this one really screams CUTE--LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Is this image a Precious Moments stamp? It's adorable, and your coloring on here is really great! Loving all your nestabilitie-use on your cards. That's another thing I don't have yet, but is on my wishlist.