Friday, July 11, 2008

Thirsty Mouse

Happy Friday everyone! You know the old saying "if you ask ten people, you'll get ten different answers"? Well yesterday three people gave me three different answers about the four letter or four lettered thing. Kat, my RST friend said it was four lettered. Jan, my sister said it was four letter, and Chesney, my daughter said it really didn't matter, but I should probably put in a hyphen if I went with four-lettered. So, I'm leaving it as it is! LOL!
The other day when I was going through some stamps that I haven't used in a while I ran across this one. I realized that I have never tried coloring my House Mouse images with copics before, and I had to remedy that.



Pretty simple card overall. I added stickles to the dew drops. I am out of my crystal lacquer and haven't been able to find any at my local stores. I pierced the side with a scroll pattern and added a small purple prima flower. I put a little bitty pearl in the center. Aren't those little pearls so cute? I got them at Hobby Lobby. Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Kat said...

Uh, no, Holly - you posted incorrectly about what I said. My comment was: "BTW, I think it 'technically' ought to be: four-letter word. ;-)" The hyphen is necessary because you would not say "four word" - but, rather "four-letter word". ;-)
Okay, that said .... I LOVE THIS CARD!! Everything about it -- and it makes me THIRSTY!! LOL
P.S. I agree about "just leaving" what you have on the other card.

Mandy said...

That paper piercing is awesome! What a super-cute card!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

OMG. Copics + House Mouse?! Why didn't I think of that???? I have OODLES of HM stamps that haven't seen ink in ages because it took too long to color them with prismacolors. Thanks for the idea!

Oh, and btw - your card is fabulous and I vote for "four letter". ;)

Lorraine said...

OMG...I love the House Mouse...and love what your copics did to the image. I will definately be using my copics when I color my next hm. This is so vibrant and colorful and just magic! thanks!

Diane said...

Awesome card -- the dew drops are a great touch and the paper piercing and prima are so elegant!

Kristine said...

Awww...yes, it's very cute! LOVE the scroll paper piercing on the side--it's beautiful!

Having so much fun browsing your blog, as if you couldn't tell!