Friday, July 4, 2008

This One's For Jan

I had a call from my sister Jan on Monday commenting on the card I made here. She said it's the first time she hasn't liked a card I made. It didn't hurt my feelings because I had my own doubts about the card, and if you recall only added some of the paper after my daughter suggested it. Then later in the day someone left a comment saying they loved the paper! My sister did tell me while we were talking that she really didn't like Precious Moments anything, so that could have something to do with it. Anyway, she wanted me to make the same card again only do it the way I had originally intended before the suggested changes so she could see if she liked it better. The problem was I didn't feel like coloring that image anymore! LOL! But, digging out that stamp did have me pulling out other Precious Moments stamps that I wanted to color. So, knowing that Jan hates Precious Moments, this card is for you Jan!



Now how could you not like such a sweet image? I cut the girl out with an oval nestability, sponged the edges and popped her up on dimensionals. I finally got to use some cute flower ribbon that I've had forever and I picked a piece of decorative paper from my DCWV paper pack to go with it. I am just too patterned challenged to pick out two patterns, so I stayed with the one. The image is from Stampendous and the little grass lines are a stamp from DRS designs.
Have a happy fourth of July everyone! I hope you have a safe and happy celebration with your loved ones. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

weatkins said...

How excited I was to see a posting that said "This One's for Jan"! My Internet connection didn't move fast enough to see that special card my sister made for me! Thanks, Holly. That card is just... well, precious.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is just so sweet! Your colouring is wonderful and the colours mkae it so soft and pretty!

Karin said...

Hi Holly,

we think is card is so pretty and it makes us very happy. We love swinging ourselfs. Right now we are on holliday at an amusementpark and we are having so much fun.
Thanks for joining our candy.

Hugs, Ruby and Britt.

Kristine said...

:) This is sooo CUTE!! I L♥VE that image with the tree (VERY CUTE) and that precious girl on the swing, and your coloring is FANTASTIC!! I SOO love this card! :)