Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another Magnolia Girl

Sticky - My daughter finally figured out the subscribe thing for me and you can now subscribe to my blog with e mail updates a lot easier. I really hope some of you will take the time to do that! Just look to the left of my blog to see where to sign up.

This is another one of those cute Magnolia images that Karin sent me. I really like it except for one thing. There were little x's on her dress and I went over them with a while gel pen, but that made them look weird, so I finally just dotted over them with a sky blue copic so they kind of look like a circle design on the dress, but I wish I had left it alone in the first place.



I do like the lay out though, and I like the background piece that's embossed with the flower texture sheet from Ellison. I also like the way I tucked the ribbon on the scalloped side between the card and the yellow layer. Did you notice the little round blue sequins in the corners? Those are from Hero Arts and I found them at Archivers when I was in Memphis. Don't forget that tomorrow is card give away day. I think you will like what I made for that! Anyway, thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I wouldn't have even known about the x's if you hadn't said something! I think it looks great, and I'm kind of jealous that you got images. *sniff, sniff* ;)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

She is so sweet! Your colouring is amazing and the details here, the border, the papers and colours, the sequins...fabulous details that add up to a great card!

Kat said...

Oh Holly, I *love* the layout of this card! And I love those blue sequins. I just do not care for the image - a girl with no nose or mouth. ;-)