Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Birthday Banner

Let me start by saying I hate this card. I really do. I don't know if I got Darcie'd out or just lost my mojo, but this card really sucks. Be glad it's not the one I'm giving away! You will LOVE the card I'm giving away tomorrow; especially the cat lovers. Well, even cat haters will like this card. That's all I'm saying. :)


Now, this card was colored with colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits and the background chalked. I added glitter to the cupcake sprinkles and placed flower brads where the image had flowers printed. I TRIED to make a banner at the top but it failed miserably. I thought the little banners I've seen on cards would be a cinch to make, but NOT!
Anyway, I'm posting it because a lot of times cards I dislike are often liked the most by others. At least they say that; maybe they just feel so bad that I made something so awful that they feel obligated to say something nice? LOL!
Don't forget card giveaway tomorrow! Tell your friends, and thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

I like your card Holly.....I think you did a good job on the banner. At least you try new things!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

omg, this is the worst card I've ever seen! hahaha... NOT!!! I think it's cute! I can see what you're saying about the banner, but it's not as bad as you think it is!

Karen from PA said...

I love this card and the banner looks great! All your cards are beautiful.

Kat said...

You have GOT to be KIDDING, Holly! I think this card is *great*!! I am serious, girlfriend. I just do not know what you hate about it. What is wrong with the banner? I like it! The coloring & chalking is great. Gosh - you even put a glow around the lit candle. Well, that's that. Just a different purrspective over here, huh? LOL