Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Featured Stamper Card

STICKY: Don't forget to comment here for a chance to win a sheet of rubber stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms!

Sunday is Featured Stamper day at Splitcoast Stampers, so when trying to decide what I was going to make yesterday I went there to get some ideas. The idea of Featured Stamper is you pick a card from the featured stamper's gallery to CASE. The card I chose to case is this one:


And here is my card:



I used the leafy branch from Stampin Up!'s Best Blossom set and an Ellison texture sheet for the yellow layer. It was a quick and easy card to make.

On a non-stamping note I've got something cool to tell you about. A while back Martha Stewart had someone on her show talking about a plant that grows these berries called Miracle Fruit. When you eat one of the berries that the bush produces, everything you eat afterwards tastes super sweet. This will last for about 30 minutes or until you drink something hot like tea or coffee. Some people even have miracle fruit parties where all kinds of food are laid out for people to try eating after eating these berries. In Japan they have restaurants where you are served a miracle berry, and then they bring you very low calorie, low fat items to eat but it tastes like luscious desserts! I was intrigued, and after lots of research I found a plant and it's growing, but hasn't produced any berries yet. Well last night, Chesney came over with a package of miracle fruit tablets that she ordered off the internet. We were really excited to try them. They work! It was amazing! We each took half of a tablet (which consists of dried miracle berry and cornstarch) and let it dissolve trying to cover as many of our tastebuds as we could. Then we cut a lemon and it was like eating lemonade. It was really cool and fun to try different things. It didn't last that long. I think the actual real berry will last longer and be stronger. Anyway, if any of you are interested she got them here. The place I bought my plant is in Florida and it's called Top Tropicals. They even sell berries to people, but the life of a berry once it's picked isn't long and they give top priority to people with cancer and diabetes.
Well, I have to get to work! As always, thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Riley said...

This is beautiful! I absolutely love it!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Great card Holly.....I too am curious about the "Miracle Berries", let us know when you actually try a real one.

Green is not usually one of my favorite colors but I like the bright green in the card you cased.

Debby said...

Cute cards and the miracle berry is fascinating. I'm going to have to look in to that. Btw, I have something for you on my blog.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Great card... and that's interesting about the berry. I wonder how long it will be before it catches on in the US (mainstream, that is)? We seem to be behind on a lot of things like this, don't we?