Sunday, August 3, 2008

Featured Stamper Sunday

On Sundays Splitcoast stampers features a stamper. You look through their gallery and choose a card to CASE, but you have to change at least two things. If you belong to SCS, you can see the card I cased here. If you're not a member, why not?! It's free and full of resources and information! Anyway, here's the card I made.



I colored this with copics. I used chalk on the background. I tried to make my coloring in tight little cirlces on the bear so it would look textured. Does it look more furry like that?
I sponged a little creamy caramel on the "sandy" part of the card so it would look a little more sandy. I think I messed up my light source though. I had it colored and it looked as though the sun was shining at her because of the white glints on the chair. Then when I did the background it looks like the sun is setting on the other side of her and I put shadows on the front! Shadows have never been my strong suit!
I used an Ellison texture sheet for the background. I thought the little flowers went well with the flowers on her bathing suit. The image is from Darcies and the font I used for the greeting is Girls Are Weird.
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

The bear definitely looks furry! Nice work! And I totally wouldn' have noticed that bit about the shados if you hadn't mentioned it...

Pam in Ar. said...

I agree with Sarah, you did a great job on the coloring...the bear really does look furry and I wouldn't have noticed the shadowing either.

Love the flower embossing!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Sweet creation....Love it!!!!

Kristine said...

OH...what a CUTE CUTE card!! :) Love this little bear--and your colors are terrific!!

Dawn Marie said...

How adorable!!!!TFS