Thursday, August 14, 2008

First of the Summer Challenges

I've had such a great time making cards using the stuff Sue sent me for her summer challenge. Here are just the first few.



This card uses the apricot colored cardstock Sue sent along with some of the designer paper and the little button. The stamp image is from Stampin Up's Think Happy Thoughts set. I added some splatters in mellow moss to the base card.

Card number two:



I used some of the decorative paper Sue sent to make this card. The stamp image is from Kolette Hall. I found the ribbon at the bottom of a box and whenI went to iron it, I starched it and thought it might take embossing. It did, but the embossing kind of got smashed out as I finished making the card.

And finally card number three:



This card used a piece of rust cardstock that Sue sent for the base, and the decorative paper and ribbon is from Sue too. The stamp image is from PSX. I colored it with water color crayons then sponged a little creamy caramel ink on the background and cut slits in the sides for the ribbon to go through.
I hope you've enjoyed the first round of my summer challenge cards. Be sure to visit Sue's blog for more inspiration, and come back here tomorrow to see more of what I made with the stuff she sent! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

These are all just beautiful! Love the soft pretty colours.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Ok, you rock. I had such a hard time coming up with something from my kit, and in the end just made one card. Nice work!