Saturday, August 16, 2008

Last and most favorite of the Summer Challenge

Today's card is the last one I've made for Sue's summer challenge. It's also my favorite one! I saved the best (in my opinion) for last.


The designer paper and the yellow cardstock it's mounted to both came from Sue. I used Stampin Up's flower from their Pocket Fun set. The sentiment is from Firecracker Designs. I love that sentiment and the font that it's in.
I used my Score it to make the two score lines and cut the flowers out with nestabilites. The circles are popped up with pop dots and sponged on the edges. Little orange rain dots in the center. I discovered something pretty cool when I made this card. I was orignally going to do a crayon resist where you color parts of the image with a white crayon and then when you add ink to it the part that has the crayon on it resists the ink. Once I got the crayon on though I automatically reached for my copics and was coloring before I realized I meant to use my inks. What I discovered and really like is that the part where the crayon was is lighter than the other part, so it's like automatically shading it for me without me using another color copic! Cool huh? I'm going to play around with this technique some more to see what I can do with it, but I thought it was neat looking for this flower!
I am off today to visit my oldest daughter in Memphis. She and her fiance just bought a house and I can't wait to see it. I can't wait to see her either; it's been too long. Also they have gotten an Archivers there since I was last in Memphis and she has promised to take me! I will be sure to tell you of any goodies I buy!
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Have fun in Memphis....love the card!

Debby said...

This is beautiful! Very summery and fun. Thanks for tip on the crayon and copic. I am going to try it for sure. Shading is still a challenge for me. Have fun visiting your daughter!

Kat said...

Oh, this is such a lovely & cheerful card, Holly. Everything is so coordinated. I'm glad you edged the circles in yellow. ;-) Of course the orange rain dots brighten the flowers - make them 'shine'. And the Scor-It folds are a nice touch.
Can't wait to hear what you buy at Archiver's. So glad you get to spend time with your Memphis dd. :-D

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love your summer colours and the repeated flower! Enjoy your visit with your daughter!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Another great card! I love the yellow/white combo for flowers. So classy.