Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lots of Stuff Going On

STICKY: Don't forget to comment here for a chance to win a sheet of rubber stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms! You have until noon today, and I'll be back later with the winner.

This card was another card I CASED from the featured stamper on Splitcoast Stampers; at least it started out that way. I think the only thing I kept was the sketch. When I first finished it I thought there was too much going on with it and I didn't like it, but the longer it has sat on my desk the more I like it. I think what initially throws me off is that it's not my usual style. But really, isn't that how we grow as artists; trying new things?
So enough talk and let's get on with the card! First, here is the card I chose to CASE:



And here is my card:



I used one of the images I won from Unity Stamps Floral Fantastical set and watercolored it with watercolor crayons. There are stickles in the centers of the flowers. I did use the swiss dots embossing folder on my yellow layer, but it's so covered with the red paper that you can't see. I think my least favorite part is the yellow layer where I stamped the tiny red star burst flowers. The card I was casing had that patterned paper, so that's why I did that.
Oh! Guess what I got in the mail today. My flower soft arrived! I've got a card started that I'm using it on, and I will show it to you tomorrow. The stuff feels like tiny bits of foam. I need to take the time to look through my images and find one that's perfect for it. I'll be posting the winner of the Cornish Heritage Farms stamp set later today, so check back to see if you won! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Cute! I love the double ribbon usage. I never remember to do that, but I love the way it looks.