Friday, August 15, 2008

More Summer Challenges

Today I have three more cards I made for Sue's summer challenge. The first card really gave me a hard time. I love this designer paper, but I just couldn't figure out what to do with it! Do you ever have moments like that? Anyway, after a lot of fooling around I came up with this:



I picked turqoise and pink cardstock to go with the colors in the paper. I punched little flowers out and glued them to the pink which is a faux embossed look. I used the hodgpodge hardware piece and brad that Sue sent to hang the little circle tag from. The circle tags are cuttlebug dies. I kept thinking I needed an image or a phrase on this card, but finally opted for nothing other than the "just for you" on the tag.

Now my next card:



This card really gave me trouble! I loved the little brown piece with the window openings, but I had such a hard time deciding something to do with it. The openings are small, so only small images will show. Also, the little dip at the top and the way the back folds makes it obvious it's to hold something that comes out, so I tried to think of something that would be a surprise when it came out, but there was really no space left on the piece for anything. I finally just stamped some speckles all over except for where the images are. I added the last of the brown ribbon as a pull at the top. I figured it can be pulled out and used as a bookmark or something. I used more of Sue's designer paper on the side as well as the little chipboard flower. I painted it with white gesso and then colored with a blue copic marker. A little blue rain dot in the center. This card is not my favorite by a long shot and I'm not sure why.

And my third card today is one I really like. It just came together so perfectly too.



I used a swirl stamp from Autum Leaves for the stem, stamped the flower petals from Stampin Up's Pick A Petal set on some of the designer paper Sue sent and folded them over to make a smaller flower. The button in the middle is from Sue too. The desinger paper on the side is from Sue as well. I added the sentiment from Hero Arts, and some paper piercing.
I still have a couple more cards for the challenge that I will show tomorrow. One of tomorrow's cards is my very favorite, so please come back, and thanks as always for looking!

5 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

WOW...we got 3 cards today! I like the one with the hardware on it the best. I always forget to use my hardware and you've inspired me to put it on my desk so I'll remember to use it :~)

Keep up the good work.

Karin said...

Hi Holly,

you've been a busy girl today.
I am glad when I finish one a day.
Great cards, totaly different but I like them all.
I've mailed your package yesterday.

Have a great weekend.
xoxo Karin

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Are you kidding me? You made six cards with that kit? Clearly I did something wrong.

Carmen said...

I like the pink one the best but then again I love pink....they are all great cards.

Debby said...

You have been a busy gal. I got caught up on the rest of your blog and everything is super cute! Wow!