Friday, August 22, 2008

Punchy Little Lady

Last month I received a birthday card that used scallop circles for a lady bug. I thought it was such a cute card so I set out to make one of my own.



The card I received had the folded scalloped circles butted together. I spread my bug's wings apart and used Stampin Up's word window punch for the body. The antennae are hand drawn.
The white layer is embossed with the swiss dots embossing folder, and I used a black and white gingham ribbon with a narrower red ribbon on top. The friendship circle sentiment is from Stampin Up's Happy Thoughts stamp set. It's a happy card, don't you think?
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Don't you just love the cuttlebug?? It can make a"Plain Jane" card seem so elegant!

My youngest daughter collects ladybugs, this would be a cute card for her.

I just got my newest collection of cuttlebug embossing folders the other day...I can't wait to try them out this Halloween :~)

Love the card Holly.....

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is so cute! I never would have thought of that. Thanks for the idea!

JUST JUDY and her STAMPS! said...

OMG - - this is too cute for words!! I LOVE IT!!

Judy :)