Friday, August 8, 2008

Solemn Sillhouette

Another one of the challenges was to make a silhouette card.



I created the background by rubbing different colors of chalk in a diagonal on some cardstock. Once that was done I stamped my image (by Penny Black) in black. I punched slits in the black cardstock for the image to fit, tied some yellow ribbon around the top left corner, and then mounted that on to a navy card. I used my heat gun to slightly curl the ribbon. I am contemplating adding a sentiment to the front on the top left side. What are your thoughts?
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Yes, Holly, I think a sentiment 'up there' would complete this lovely card nicely.

Pam in Ar. said...

Beautiful colors Holly,,,you did a great job!

Pam

Ashley said...

What a pretty card!