Monday, August 18, 2008

Spraying Flowers

STICKY: Don't forget to comment here for a chance to win a sheet of rubber stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms!

Well I'm back from Memphis but I have no stamping to show you today because I wasn't able to do any stamping over the weekend. We had a great time while we were there though, and I bought some fun stuff at Archivers. What a great store!
Before we left for the weekend, I was watering my plants and had something I wanted to try. My hydrangea bush flowers are finished for the year, and they've turned brown. A lot of people will pick these and let them dry and use them in dried flower arrangements. Here is how mine is looking right now.


This is what I did with just a few strokes of my airbrush and a couple of copic markers.


Now, I didn't do the entire flower because I was just playing around and didn't want to waste the air in the can, but I thought it was a cool idea for anyone who uses these flowers in arrangements.
Okay, I'm going to try my best to get something stamped for tomorrow, but I can't promise anything because I'm back at work today and we have to get our groceries bought for the week tonight. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Now aren't you little Miss Creativity LOL

Have you seen the 3 step Hydrangea from Kitchen Sink Stamps? Love it!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Very cool! I love those flowers. I wish I had a green thumb instead of this black one. ;)

Kat said...

I am smiling big time about this, Holly. You certainly are a true artist! The hydrangea looks beautiful in its 'rejuvenated state'. :-)