Sunday, August 10, 2008

Stitched Mess

This was my card for the Dare To Get Dirty Challenge where you were supposed to sew on your card. I decided on a layout and where I was going to have stitiching. I chose my image and colored it with colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. Then I put it in machine to stitch and it all turned to a mess.



I wasn't going to do it again. It is what it is. Oh well, you can see how it would have been so cute had my stitching worked out! I think I should have used an embossing folder on the blue layer under the frog. I love those little cat eye stickers. They are good for cats, frogs, snakes... The image is from Darcies. Stickles was added to the confetti and the top of the birthday hat. If I had any crystal lacquer I would have made the balloon shiny. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Hey Holly ~ As for the stitching, you could look at it that the frog did the stitching - and he is so jolly/jumpy/happy celebrating his (or someone's) birthday, that he just stitches in a wobbly pattern. ;-D

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Honestly, if you wouldn't have said anything I would have thought the stitching was done that way on purpose. Nice coloring too (do I say that every time? Well, it's true!)!