Saturday, August 2, 2008

Two For The Weekend

Since I've been making so many of the Dare To Get Dirty Challenge cards I thought I'd upload two of them today! These are two of my favorites because they were made so fast and just seemed to flow together so easily. I love when that happens, don't you?
Anyway, my first card was for a challenge to make a flap card.


I used Close To Cocoa cardstock and some of Stampin Up's designer paper. The little scallops and circle in the center of the flap were cut with nestabilities, and the stamp image is from Stampin Up's Big Pieces stamp set. I punched out a little flower from the other side of the designer paper and added a blue rain dot in the center. I am really loving these rain dots from Cloud 9. They've got them in shapes too, but all the ones I bought are round. They are all different sizes though.
Here's the inside of my flap card.

The Thinking of You is from Stampin Up's Sincere Salutations and was stamped in Close To Cocoa. Like it? I do!

Okay, now for my second card. I really like the way this one turned out. The challenge was to follow a sketch exactly as shown. Here's mine:



Isn't it pretty? I used very vanilla cardstock and embossed the top two thirds of it with a cuttlebug embossing folder. The designer paper is from Papertrey Ink and the image is stamped in Mellow Moss and is from Chapel Road Art Stamps. I think stamping the image in one color and not having to do any coloring really made this card go fast. I added little grass dew drops at the bottom. That's it for today, but there's lots more to come believe me! Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

JUST JUDY and her STAMPS! said...

I'm just in awe of your work - really I am. I hope you're connected to my site - because you've just been tagged!!

Judy :)

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Ok, I'm lovin' that top card! The bottom one is cute too, but the top one.. WOW! So pretty!

Debby said...

I just love your creations! Can you come play with me? Also I checked out Rileyon picturetrail! What a Riot! Fab dog! What is Riley! The dreads cracked me up!