Saturday, September 13, 2008

Birthday Girl

STICKY : Don't forget to leave a comment on this post for a chance to win some awesome blog candy! Today is the last day to enter - you have until noon CST today!

I'm wishing safety for all of those in the path of hurricane Ike. I have family in Houston, Texas and am concerned for them myself. Also, for some reason my daughter and her fiance have chosen this weekend to go canoeing on a river in south Missouri! And, yes they are aware of the weather forecasts; I asked! Here in Arkansas we have rain and a lot of wind. The rain does make for a great stamping day though, and it also helps me not to worry as much. Worry is such a waste of time and energy and serves no purpose whatsoever. I really try hard to busy myself rather than waste time worrying over things I can't change and usually don't ever come to be. I have a framed piece in my craft room that I found in a flea market several years ago entitled "My Ten Commandments" and number one is "Thou shalt not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities." I believe this with all of my heart, but sometimes it's so hard not to worry. Okay, enough with the philosophical stuff and on with today's card!
Today I'm using another one of the Magnolia images that Karin sent me. I did add a nose and mouth to her to keep you all happy! I really was surprised at how many of you didn't even notice that these image didn't have a complete face! Anyway, here's my card.



I used a scalloped circle nestability to cut out the opening. I put little square brads in the corners and popped it over the image with dimensionals. The image was colored with copics. Don't you just love that she's wearing those high heels? I added some sparkle to the confetti with a clear stardust pen. The Happy Birthday greeting at the top is from the Stampin Up set Simple Sayings II.
I'll be back later to announce the winner of the Hey, Chica stamp set! Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Kerri said...

Holly, very girly girl and cute!! You always have such great ideas.

Kat said...

Oh what a *happy* gal she is - and you *know* how I can tell she is happy, Holly. LOL
I did notice her heels. *grin* But before I saw them, I was thinking she ought to have a jump-rope in her hands & above her 'cuz I think she looks like she ought to be jump-roping.... but *not* in those heels! ;-)
I really like the dimension, with the cut-out scalloped circle and the pop-ups under that layer. And such sweet colors.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

That is adorable. I noticed her face-plant right away. :)

Catherine said...

oh, it's so easy not to say don't worry, i say that all the time but i'm always that first one to worry =)

Waht an adorable card, too cute!

Riley said...

this is adorable! i love it :)