Monday, September 29, 2008

Featured Butterflies

Yesterday was Featured Stamper day at Splicoast Stampers. The featured stamper was Terry Earhart and this is the card of hers I chose to case.

And here is the card I made:



It was so much fun to make, and I've had this stamp set for a while and not used it much. I used Stampin Up's Sweet Shapes stamp set and Versamagic ink.
Some of you asked me how the card making session at the retirement home went. I was suprised at some things, but overall it was a lot of fun and I think the ladies really enjoyed it too. The ladies came in and immediately started pulling all of the items out of their bags, and reached for stamps and ink and then said "Now what?" We had a sample card for them to look at and they really wanted to make theirs look just like that, but with a tiny bit of prodding they ended up getting a little creative and made their cards their own. I think what they liked the most was sponging around the edges. The color against the white was easy for them to see and the sponge easy to hold. It's hard to mess up sponging! Some of the ladies really surprised me with how easily they were able to center something. I think they want us to come back and do Christmas cards, so we shall have to think of an easy, but really nice card for them to make.
Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Nancy said...

What a fun layout! Lots of possibilities. Love your colors and images!

Riley said...

This is a really pretty card!! TFS!

Beverly aka beestamper said...

beautiful card! I love your layout. I just got the images in the mail - woohoo!!!! Thanks, you mean business when you say your are gonna get them right in the mail! Thank you so much for your generosity! I can't wait to use them. oh, and I've linked you to my blog.. cause YOU ROCK!

Kat said...

Great layout!

And I keep meaning to ask: What does 'CASE' stand for? :-)

Pam in Ar. said...

Fun card Holly...

bumblebee creations said...

Holly! I thought the idea of going to the senior center was such an awesome idea, that I suggested it my daughters girl scout troop last night! I love this card! Such pretty colors! TFS!!

Catherine said...

this is sooo pretty, Holly =)

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is awesome. I love the muted colors!