Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Flowers Grow

My sister asked me to make a card for a friend of hers who needed a little cheering up. What's more cheery than flowers?
This card was a fun one to make. I used Unity's Floral Fantastical set.


I colored the flowers and the watering can with copics. I added stickles to the flowers and a little chalk to the background. I tried to find some designer paper that would go with my flower colors. I wanted to make water pour out of the pail onto the flowers and was originally going to go with wire, but all of my wire was too thick. Then I thought of some old metallic thread I used to use when I cross stitched. It worked great! At first it was really curly because of being wrapped around the spool, but I ran it over a glue stick just a little and that straightened it out enough. Here's a close up of the "water".


Isn't it cute? I really love the water effect, and I think with the glitter and bright flowers it will cheer anyone up!
Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Now how cute is that?? I love the water flowing from the can...great idea Holly!

Kat said...

What a terrific H2O idea, Holly! You are just soooo creative!

Nancy said...

That is sooooooooo cute! I love how you did the water!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my! How cute and creative. Awesome job!

Sue at Stampndaly said...

very cool Holly

JUST JUDY and her STAMPS! said...

Pretty!! I love your work - always!

Lorraine said...

your water coming out of the can is so clever. it looks wonderful. thanks for sharing your cheerful card

Jess said...

As a Unity LOVER, this is a FANTASTIC idea for water from the watering can! I love this card!

JenMarie said...

Totally FABULOUS!!

Angela said...

How adorable is this! What a creative idea! I LOVE IT!

Lori said...

Love how you did the water coming from the watering can, Holly! Looks great!

Debby said...

You are just oozing the cuteness factor. I love this!

Ashley said...

Very very cute!

Catherine said...

Brilliang! i love that...cute!

Kristin said...

Holly, Just starting to catch up on my blogs. LOVE this card!! Already in my "thing I'll have to try"...

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

The water is awesome! What a cool idea!