Friday, September 19, 2008

Hearts Afire

Happy Friday! I'm so glad the weekend is upon us. For some reason this has seemed like a long week. Today's card came about while I was trying to follow some sketches by Katharina. She is having a guest designer call for Whiff of Joy stamps and you can submit a card following one of her sketches to be considered. I REALLY want this! I have been having a hard time trying to come up with the perfect card. I have a few Hanglar and Magnolia images still left from Karin, and I have a couple of Precious Moments stamps. Both of those are similar to the kind of images Whiff of Joy does, so I was leaning toward using those, but then I think maybe she would like to see something a little different. So, I'm trying to just do several different cards using her sketches and then I'll submit the best one. Maybe I'll let you all vote! :)
Anyway, here's the first one.



If you click on the photo to see the larger version you might be able to see that the black layer is embossed with hearts. The image is one my sister drew a long time ago for a company called Stamping by Candlelight. I don't think the company is in business any longer. It's a sweet image though isn't it?
I colored with copics and chalked the background and then applied some rubystone glitter to the heart. I don't know who makes the greeting. I didn't follow the sketch exactly, because her sketch called for three embellishments on the right side, and I only have the one heart brad. The sketch for this card was #18 if you go to that link I gave you earlier. I like it, but I'm not sure it's good enough to impress her. Anyway, thanks to all of you for looking and I appreciate any and all feedback!

5 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Love all the sparkles, Holly! I tend to be drawn to things with hearts on them so I love this card...hope it's a winner for you :~)

Kat said...

Well, Holly, before I even read your post about this card, my mind went "WOW!!" when I first saw the card. I cannot imagine *anyone* not being impressed by it. I love it - and it truly looks like "hearts afire". And yes, such a darling image your daughter drew!

Robin said...

Wow Holly! Lovely card. I am impressed with all your work. You sure do know how to make an image come to life!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Your coloring is amazing, and I love the sparkly heart, but I have to be honest... the girl image kinda creeps me out for some reason. :)

Debby said...

She's beautiful! You did an amazing job!