Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like....

Christmas! Well, at least in my stamping room it is because of all the glitter. I made such a mess while making this card, but it was fun. This is another one up for consideration for guest designer for Whiff of Joy stamps. I followed Katharina's sketch #22 for this card.



There is a lot of detail in this card. Little red glitter dots for the holly berries in the wreath, her mittens, pom pom on her hat, and the fur trim on her boots are all flocked with white flocking. I used liquid applique at the bottom for snow and added little clear beedz and sparkly glitter on it before heating it up. The snowflakes are die cuts from a cuttlebug die.
Here's a close up of the detail flocking.




I just love the fur trim on the boots! The white embossed layer has glitter in the recessed areas, but it's kind of hard to see in the picture. The little Christmas tree charm is from Making Memories.
So, this is card give away Wednesday, but today instead of a card I'm offering a package of charms from Making Memories.



Just in time for your Halloween cards! Leave a comment on this post by noon CST tomorrow and I will have random.org pick a number for the winner. Tomorrow is also my last card for you to see before you help me pick which card to submit to Katharina, so get your thinking caps on!
Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Karin said...

Hi Holly,

it's been to long since I've visited your blog. There are lot of fabulous cards on it.
i love this card. The fur trim at the shoes is just great and I love the colors and that cute Tilda.

Have a great day,
xoxo Karin

Nancy said...

I love this card and all the pretty details!

Debby said...

Cute Halloween embellies but that's not why I dropped by. I love to come over and see your latest creations. This Christmas card is too cute!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card. Love all the details!!

Thanks for the chance to win cute goodies:)

Tammy

Kat said...

Well, gosh, I don't feel quite ready for Autumn - and here you are making me 'think Christmas'. LOL You certainly have made it pleasant --> the thought of Winter.

Would you believe my fav on this card are the red glitter dots! Do you suppose that has anything to do with the fact that they are for the HOLLY berries? ;-D

Amanda Sewell said...

Super cute card! I love the way the wreath pops and looks 3D! Nice work!

Claudia said...

Darling card, love your coloring !
Claudia
scfranson@charter.net
www.claudiafranson.blogspot.com

Allison said...

I love the fur on the boots too!

Lorraine said...

this is my fav so far. love your attention to detail...the fur on the boots! omgosh! just too adorable! tfs

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute I can't resist.

Swedie

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute card!!!!! Love it!!!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Holly, your attention to detail is amazing! That wreath is so vibrant, the entire image is coloured so beautifully with the flock..WOW! Gorgeous and adorable!

Diane said...

Very nice card! Love all the extra details on it and your colors are great!

Diane said...

Hi Holly,
thanks for visiting my blog, if you want me to send you some core paper I can...I am going to get more tomorrow, its only 50 cents a sheet and it won't cost much to ship it....I am going back for some greens, yellows, etc....I can't wait to try that holly embossing folder and the tree in green. My email address is dianegreghov@att.net if you want some let me know how much and what colors you are interested in...this stuff is so cool, I wish she had some of the black that has the colors in it! I want it ALL!!

Purple Princess said...

Your work is beautiful! I linked to you in my blog!

kerry said...

That card is adorable - too cute for words!!

Kerry Morgan

Pam in Ar. said...

I love this card, Holly! You do such a great job with the coloring...everything just pops. The snow and the fur on the boots are my fav. I think this one is a winner :~)

I didn't get your blog yesterday and it didn't come today either! I'm not sure what's wrong....I had to come check it out for myself!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is soooo cute! And your coloring is phenom... AGAIN. Dang it, why can't I be you?!

Katharina Frei said...

Wow, your colouration is breathtaking!! Love all the little details on Tilda!
Katharina

Bev said...

What a darling card, love the layout and all the detail

hugs Bev x