Friday, September 12, 2008

Looking for stamping ideas?

STICKY : If you're looking for blog candy just leave a comment on this post! If this is your first time here, I hope you'll take a look at some of my older posts and maybe decide to subscribe!

Sometimes you just can't think of what to create and need to look around for inspiration. That's where today's card comes in. Recently someone wanted to trade for Shy Bear images and I was stamping them out for her. When I got them all finished and then cleaned up my stamps I went to go make a card and my mind went blank! I tried pulling out some old sets and stamped a little, but I didn't like anything I did. I started to flip through some old stamping magazines trying to find something to spark my interest. Nothing I wanted to do. Then one of the shy bear images I had stamped earlier came to mind and this card is the result. Nothing fancy, no embellishments or special techniques. Just a cute image that I enjoyed coloring.



I wrote a title for the book "Stamping 101" sort of a joke that this little bear is looking for some ideas too! LOL! I almost made it look like she was reading scary stories and I was going to make this a Halloween card with the caption "Don't get spooked!". This would also be a great card to give to someone in a book club. Just change the title of the book to fit your need.
The company that bought the shy bear images has recently add quite a few of them to her web site, so if you like these little guys go take a look here!
I hope all of you have got your mojo going!

I know one person who has her mojo, and that is Pam Pruett. Pam recently got her Hey Chica stamp set from My Favorite Things and shared this card with me!


Isn't it cute?! I love the sentiment, which is also from My Favorite Things, and all the glitter! Here's what Pam said about the card:
"What I did was emboss the stamped image with fine line detail powder (sometimes I have a problem with bleeding when I color and the embossing takes care of that) Then I colored her lips and hair tie with a red copic. Her hair I used SU Summer Sun, dress..purple copic glitter marker....eyelid, copic charcoal glitter marker and her skin is a copic Ciao marker R00. The skull paper is the new Halloween DP from SU. I did have fun coloring her! Like I've told you before...I have a hard time coming up with things so I know I probably could have done better but I just didn't know what else to do!! She just puts me in mind of a sassy biker chick or someone with some spunk to her."
Pam, I'm so glad you let me share your card, and I hope you enjoy using the stamp set.
Thanks for looking everyone! Tomorrow I will announce the winner of the stamp set!

5 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

OMGOSH Holly.....imagine my shock when I viewed your blog this morning. Thank you so much for showing my card!! I just love the new set from MFT and hope to see more of Chesney's designs in the near future...very near future....

Thanks again Holly and as usual you did a great job with today's card.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love your little bear...looking for ideas just like me! Love Pams card too...very cute!

Nancy said...

I love this card! Think I'm going to have to pay a visit to MFT!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

What a cute bear card... I love that shade of green. And the RAK is awesome too... or should I say, "totally bitchin'"? :oP

Nicole M. said...

The little bear is the cutest bear I have ever seen!!! You always seem to work your magic on all cards Holly. Thanks so much for sharing! HUGS!