Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Many Faces Of Tilda

I guess by now you know that I was not picked to be the guest designer for Whiff of Joy stamps. :C Bummer!
I will say that the cards everyone made were beautiful and Katharina had her work cut out for her choosing one. Actually, she ended up choosing two! Thanks for everyone's support, and maybe I'll try again next time.

Okay, I am really excited to show you today's post. Remember this card and I said I had an idea brewing in my head for it? Well I came home from the retirement home yesterday and worked it out. I had some problems that almost made me not show you and re-do it so I could show you a "good" one, but I'm too excited to wait.
Here's the card re-done



It might not look that different to you at first glance, but see the little white wheel at the right of the card? If you turn that wheel you get different faces for her! I thought this might satisfy those of you who hate the fact that there's no mouth or nose. LOL! Plus, it's lots of fun making your own faces. I think I've seen little facial features that are rub ons for doll faces at Hobby Lobby before. I'm going to check them out soon and makde another one with those! Some of the faces make her look so funny! Here's the other faces (bear in mind that I am not an artist!).












LOL! Isn't that funny? The problems I had were that my flesh colored copic ran out of ink! Then I discovered that pencil marks will NOT erase after the copic has been colored over them. I ended up trying to forget about the pencil marks and I used a colored pencil over my scribbled copic to fill in the areas that didn't get colored in well. The basic instructions for this card, which some people call a viewmaster card can be found here.
Thanks for looking everybody!

17 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Gosh, Holly....I'm sorry you weren't picked! They don't know what they're missing. Keep trying....someone will snatch you up :~)

I love this view master card!! My fav face is the she devil face, looks like a face my little granddaughter would make.

Did the little ladies at the retirement center have fun yesterday??

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh Im sorry you didn't get picked. That is always so hard. I also can't imagine having to be the one to decide! YIKES! Anyway, your card is fabulous!!! WOW! I have never done a view finder and always wanted to try. This gives it new meaning!!! Love it!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

OMIGosh Holly...this is amazing! I just love all the faces, this would be so much fun for someone like my DD who's 8....she would love it!

So sorry you didn't get the call. Your cards rock, and your colouring is amazing!

bumblebee creations said...

So SUPERB!! LOVE IT! How totally fun-I like the wink and the attitude faces best! Keep up the great cards-it will pay off!! TFS!!

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-
I wasn't sure where to answer your ? But yes I love that idea!!
Thanks!

Johannah said...

Holly,
I wanted to thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. It's such an encouragement to receive comments out of the blue.
Thanks, Johannah
{Wisp of Whimsy}

Nancy said...

Hey Holly...you're cards are great, sorry you didn't get picked this time!
This view master card is out of this world CUTE!

Maureen said...

This is just too clever!! I was never a fan of Tildas because of the lack of face, so this is a relief for me!

Kat said...

Oh Holly, these are a riot. I *love* the idea! And all your faces are great. I think the one where her lips are actually 'lips' (not just lines) makes her look waaaay chubby. LOL The *only* one I do not care for is, of course, the original - no nose or mouth. ;-) No wonder you were so excited about this re-do. Clever!!

Daniel Askeland said...

Been a while since last time I visited your blog, and I must sadly say that I haven't used the great stamps I got.

Lovely cards, and many fun faces.. :P

Love
Daniel

weatkins said...

Holly,

I love all of the faces. I can't figure out how you did the wheel part-- nothing shows at all. Is the entire face new?

Jan

Catherine said...

Holly, i love that you change her face...it's just too adorable.

And i'm so sorry that you weren't picked..there's always next time =)

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is hilarious! I love it!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Damn! I hate when that happens... I also meant to say I'm sorry they didn't pick you. :( There are lots of other DT's open now. Are you trying for more?

Kathleen said...

Great idea!!
I have to admit to being a member of the 'no mouth for Tilda' group so I'm afraid I prefer the 'original' - but a great idea nonetheless!!!
Kathleen xx

Karin said...

Hi Holly,

Cue, cute, cute.
I love all those different faces. So clever of you.

xoxo karin

Michelle said...

Hi Holly

Oh you are so creative!! This is brilliant!!

Thanks for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)