Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Precious Love

Okay, today's card follows Katharina's sketch #27.
I'm not really happy with my coloring on this one. Their faces look too dark and I messed up the eyes when I tried to add the highlights with my white gel pen. It's not bad enough to scrap, but I wasn't happy that I didn't leave it alone. Do you think it ruins it?



I colored with copics, chalked the background and added a little bridal confetti flower that I colored to match to the corner. The leaves are just two petals torn off of another flower. The white layer that is at an angle was embossed with a texture sheet from Ellison. I just love those things!
Two more cards to go for this guest designer thing! Thanks for looking everyone!

9 comments:

lauman said...

I think it's still very cute..

Debby said...

I think it's adorable. You didn't ruin a thing. And they aren't too dark shouldn't kids be flushed and blushed. It's wonderful.

Pam in Ar. said...

I think you did a great job too!
Your coloring gets better every day...

Catherine said...

Holly, i think it's adorable =)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Your colouring is amazing! I have a tough time with "people" stamps period. You rarely see me use them...so I think you have a gift! This is so sweet, with soft wonderful colours...I love it!

Karin said...

Hi holly,

i don't think it's ruined. It's so cute.

xoxo karin

Amanda Sewell said...

Love it! Love the chalked background -- it almost looks airbrushed! I will have to try it! Did you put anything over it to keep it perfect like this?

Amber said...

Very sweet!!!!!!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

What a sweet card. Very cute.