Thursday, September 18, 2008

Punchy Flowers

Remember the punch I bought a week or so ago that I showed you here? Well I finally made a card using it!



I punched the flowers out and then stamped the stem portion of a flower from a Stampin Up set called The Art of Life. For the grassy area I just used the bottom part of the stem over and over in different shades of green. I had a magazine ad for Florida orange juice that I had been saving for faux cloisonne technique and I thought it would be perfect to layer behind the punched out area. I sponged around the flowers and added a pink rain dot to the middle. It looks orange against the yellow though.
Anyway, it is a cool punch. Here's a close up of the punched out part so you can see the magazine part behind it and also how the center petals are lifted up.


I'd really like it if it reached a little further so you could punch the center of a card. I've even thought about taking one apart and seeing if I could line it back up so that I could punch anywhere. I'm sure it could be done, but I'm not brave enough to try it with a punch I like! LOL!
Well, thanks again for stopping by and visiting my blog!

6 comments:

Debby said...

Oh my gosh this is so darn'd cute! Wow!

Debby said...

Oh. And because of you I am going punch shopping. You terrible enabler you.

Becky Sorensen said...

Very pretty. The way you used that punch is awesome.

Catherine said...

Holly, this is absolutely beautiful..i want that punch now =)

Ashley said...

This is adorable! I LOVE it! The dew drops are perfect!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is so cool. I love what you did with the flowers.