Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shine!

Well the lights in our house are shining once again! It's so wonderful to have electricity back on! This is a card I was working on to post yesterday, but the lights went out and I wasn't able to do anything else on it until yesterday afternoon.


This uses an old Stampin Up set called Take Shape. A friend of mine was selling some of her sets and this was one I picked up from her. I colored the stamps with markers and then stamped them on watercolor paper. I added little seed beads to some of the flowers as a last minute thought. The little "shine" charm is actually a bead that the ribbon is threaded through. I got a whole bunch of these with all different words on them through Oriental Trading Company. I thought with the brightness of the card, the word was appropriate. I distressed the edges of the watercolor paper by running my fingernail over them. The vase in this set can also be a hot air baloon or a light bulb or Christmas ornament with the other little stamps in the set. I'll have to play with this set a little more before I decide if I like it or not.
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm so glad you guys have your electricity back. I remember this set and love what you did with it =)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fun card! I still have this set..might have to dust it off! Love the effect of the stamp on WC paper, and the beads are just perfect!

Pam in Ar. said...

Yay Holly...I'm glad you're back!

You're going to have to do double time now to make up for the day you missed don't you LOL

Great card....

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

That was such a cute and versatile set. I wish I'd bought it when it was available. Cute card, too!