Thursday, September 4, 2008

Two cards today!

Monday was Technique Lovers Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers, and the technique was Black Magic. To do this technique you stamp your image in white ink on a dark colored cardstock and then color with colored pencils that have been dipped in odorless mineral spirits. I really should have chosen a stamp that had more open areas to color, but this is the stamp I was in the mood to use! Anyway, here's my card.


I stamped the flower all over the background and colored, and then I stamped another flower on a separate piece of paper and cut half of it out. That half was mounted over the center flower but the three petals were left un-attached so I could slip my greeting under them.

The second card today is another card I made at stamp camp that uses Stampin Up's Stitched Exoctics and All Holidays stamp sets. We got to use the five petal flower punch and the photo corner punches too.



One thing I have to tell you is that while we were making this card and we came to the part where you pierce the holes in the photo corner, the ladies that were at my table were pretty new to stamping and they had never pierced anything before. This one lady just loved it and thought it was something she would just have to order. I told her that she could just use her mouse pad and make her own piercer by inserting the blunt end of a needle into the eraser end of a pencil. She was just amazed! I'm sure the lady who held the stamp camp wouldn't have appreciated me telling her that, but I know that she will spend the money she saved on the piercer on a stamp set or new cardstock color instead so I don't feel too bad. Another money saving tip I have is to use the slit punch instead of buying the ticket corner punch. If you stick the corner of your card in the slit punch and center it in there, it's almost exactly like the ticket corner. I'm all for saving people money when I can, so maybe I also helped someone reading this blog too. :)
On another note, my sister-in-law sent me a link to this new weight loss product. It might give some of you a chuckle.
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Ha, Ha, Ha.....I need that desk treadmill....

I have never tried that technique before....I like it! I usually use different techniques for different moods I'm in (I know...I'm weird), so it will be cool to try something new.

As usual, you did a great job Holly!

Thanks for sharing.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Cute cards! And yeah, the girls on the demo side of scs are always complaining about people like you! lol! Don't forget, you can also use needlework grids for hole placement guides. ;)

Debby said...

wow you've been busy! I love everything since my last visit and the love bites is way cute! and like Sarah said the needlework grids are great and are super cheap. and thanks for the tip on the punch. the ticket corner was on my list but not anymore. Have a great day!

Sue at Stampndaly said...

Very cool, I love the first one.

Catherine said...

that desk treadmill was on the news early this year and forwarded it to my boss, he just looked at me...LOL!

and I have to say love both cards =) and my upline (before she left SU and before she was my upline) used to give me tips on saving money so I can buy more stamps and i really appreciate that =)