Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple Seeds

I really like the way today's card turned out. I was just looking through stamp sets and found one from stampin Up called Lady Buds. I haven't used it much, and it's such a cute set I decided to pull it out and make something with it. I stamped the apple and colored with copics and then cut it out with a circle nestability die and matted it with a red scalloped circle.



Once I had this cute little apple colored I was at a loss what to do with it! I searched around on the internet for apple quotes and sayings and found this one that I just love. I printed it out in CK Becky font and matted that with the same red the apple is mounted on. The background is another stamp in the same set and is just stamped randomly. Once the ribbon was added, all I did was mount the image on pop dots! I just don't think you can go wrong with red, white, and black on a card. Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Very nice Holly....makes me think of Fall with the apple on it. The sentiment is perfect too!

Kat said...

Oh, what a unique saying! I have to admit that is actually my *fav* part of this card. :-)

Christina said...

What a cute card, Holly! I love the quote!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is awesome! Is it really an SU set? I've never seen it, or even heard of it before! Lady Buds, eh? I need to look into that...

Kerri said...

Holly, one of my absolute favorite quotes! Cute card, too!

Kristine B. said...

THIS IS SOO ADORABLE!! I love apples, and don't own any apple stamps....*gasp* OH YES, I just remember I have that old retired Country Apple set! WOW...it must be buried somewhere. LOL. ANyway, love your card! Neat background.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love the quote Holly! I am funny about keeping with the "theme" too...and this is just perfect!