Monday, October 27, 2008

Bad Hair Day

I've seen a few cards lately made with scarecrows and was inspired to pull out one I've had for years but haven't used for a while. It's from Stamp Affair and I think it's just the cutest scarecrow.



I colored the image with copic markers. I toyed around with ways to do the straw. I tried fringing some paper, but that just looked like fringe. I finally decided to try some dried grass and that works pretty well! All I did was draw a bead of glue around the edge and then cut some of the grass and laid it on the glue. I had some ribbon that said "fall fun" on it in green and purple with little orange pumpkins on it, and that is what inspired my color choices. However, once I started assembling the card I couldn't find a way to use the ribbon that I liked! I printed the greeting out on the computer using a font called Minya Nouvelle. Here's a close up the hair




Don't you think it's cute? Have you ever used something like this on your cards before? I once did a card that had a beach scene on it and I glued on actual sand. I like adding texture to cards in a fun way like this. Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

What a cute 3D effect too..it looks like real straw! You are just so creative Holly :~)

Cute..cute...cute

Anita said...

Cute Scarecrow. I love the idea of real straw.

msfreida said...

LOL! That is so precious! This stamp is the cutest scarecrow I've seen. The grass really does the trick! I LOVE IT!

Kat said...

Well yah, that *is* such a very cute scarecrow - but then you went ahead and "brought him to life" with the *dead* grass. Amazing, you are! :-)

Cynde said...

He truly is a very cute Scarecrow! Love the grass (straw) sticking out, it sooooo cute. Thanks for the inspiration..

weatkins said...

Holly,
Great card. You just keep getting better. I love the sentiment also. Next time I'd suggest a different color than purple for the background-- maybe orange? Also, try sticking a piece of straw in the crow's mouth or something to bring attention to him also! Just a couple of suggestions from your big sister!

Nancy said...

I had one of those days today! :) Cute scarecrow, and great idea for the hair.

Catherine said...

Holly, you have the cutest scarecrow i've seen well, until halloween, my daughter will be one and but for now...i'll put yours on top :)

alohatammi said...

Cute card. I love the scarcrow's straw peeking out and the crows are pretty cute also.

Tammi
http://3littlebirdz.com