Monday, October 6, 2008

Color Explosion

Do you remember when you were a kid and you would completely fill a piece of paper up with scribbles of different colors and then cover over it with a black crayon and then you'd scratch your drawing and it would reveal the rainbow colors? Well Crayloa has this product called Color Explosion that works kind of like that. You get this paper (more like a cardstock) that is all black, but under the black there are colors waiting to be revealed. You have to use a special marker to draw with, and it removes the black. What's that mean to us as stampers? Well, you can color your stamps with the marker and stamp on the special paper and it will reveal your image in rainbow colors! Cool huh? What I did on today's card was to lay a gold outline sticker on the paper and then I colored in the open areas with the marker to reveal the hidden colors.



Fun huh? Sure makes for a quick card using the stickers! The ribbon is threaded through holes I punched and then I tied a small bow around each pass through. Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-that is sooo cool! I love the look that is acheived!! I'll have to get some of those too... (as my list grows...) : ) smiles!

Pam in Ar. said...

How very cool...I've never seen that before! My grandkids would love this too...

Very pretty and different :~)

Kat said...

Thanks 'fur' the tip, Holly! I have some of the Color Explosion - and now I know a great way to use it. LOL

I really like the look of that ribbon threaded thru the holes *and* little bows ties onto each area that shows. Another great idea!

And .... I **L O V E** the bright pink card!! So thanks fur brightening my Monday, kid! :-D

specialcraftmom4 said...

I love this card! What a great idea with the ribbon (: Great job

Julie said...

Cool, I might have to try that out, and quick and easy. Who doesn't love that. Neat idea, thanks for sharing. Like the ribbon too.

Catherine said...

what a fun card, Holly =)

jillcoopersblog said...

Too cool!! the card looks great!

Robin M said...

I have some of that paper too, Love how you also used the stickers to accent it to.

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-
Can you tell me where I might find this? Do you think I might find it at Walmart-or only in a craft store? Thanks! : )

Nancy said...

Oh wow...looks like you had fun doing this one!

Heidi said...

This coordination paper is awesome but I have yet to try it. You did a great job on this flower card. Heidi

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

LOVE this! It's another favorite!