Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall Fun

Do you remember the other day when I told you that I had that ribbon out for the scarecrow card and then I ended up not using the ribbon? Well, that ribbon was still sitting out on my desk so I decided to use it! The result is a card I really like.



I embossed a nestabilitie square die on the white cardstock to create a frame and stamped the little tree inside. This image is from Stampin Up's Tree For All Seasons set. Very minimal coloring involved.
I threaded the ribbon through the button and knotted it so it wouldn't pull through. I used my slit punch to mimic a ticket punch and added brads. It really is a fast card to make. I think the tree with the snowman under it would be cute with some "let it snow" ribbon and a snowflake instead of a button.
Well, thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

This morning feels like a "let it snow" kind of morning that's for sure!! Fall is definately here...maybe the trees will start to turn now and look like your card.

Sometimes plain is very elegant and this card is elegant.....

Thanks for sharing :~)

Beverly said...

Gorgeous Holly! The ribbon totally sets it off! Love the idea of the embossed frame!

msfreida said...

Haven't you heard "Simplicity is the essence of beauty"? That's definitely the case with this one! It is BEAUTIFUL! I love how you pulled the ribbon through the button holes....very clever for a unique look.

Cynde said...

The card is really nice. Love the fresh clean look of it.

bumblebee creations said...

Holly!
Love your card-all of your cards! You are amazingingly crafty and talented!! (not sure if tht is even a word-but ya know what I mean! : ) )
TFS

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is beautiful Holly! So clean and classy and the ribbon with the button is awesome!

Catherine said...

Another gorgeous card, Holly :)